Monday, June 21, 2010

PROJECTS

I have been on the internet lately looking up different ideas for projects that I can do to start getting our house sort of put together. Also to get ideas for how we want to remodel and finding any sort of inspiration to get me motivated. I wanted to try glazing some furniture and was a little scared at first but was amazed at the results once I was finished. I have glazed whole walls before in our condo and also a couple of other walls in my moms and friends homes but never tried my hand at furniture.

I thought I would start off small and then get to the bigger projects. So first off I started with this picture frame that I already had from our wedding. I painted it blue ocean breeze (krylon Brand) and than glazed it with a black glaze (Ralph lauren Brand). It was easier than I thought it would be. I wish I had before pictures but it was just a gold color before.



Than came the bigger project I had these two end tables that I had gotten at the DI and had painted them black. since we already have enough dark furniture in our house I wasn't really diggin the black color that it was. I wanted to do it a color that I normally wouldnt do, something out of my comfort zone. I really wish I had a before pic of what it was when I first got them. Just picture a really ugly 70's style brown and you got it right on the money. I love the color and the glaze really makes the detail pop.



Im likin how they turned out. I still have some other ideas up my sleeve though to tie in this color to our living room. I would recommend visiting the all things thrifty blog. I have the button on my blog, She is amazing. That is where I found the idea to paint and glaze these endtables this color. Here are a few ideas I would like to do for pillows I just need to find some fabric so I can make them. I like the green and turquoise.

This last saturday there were about twenty yard sales in the paper and I hear all the time that yard sales are the best places to find hidden treasures. So my mom and I went on a hunt. I was hoping to find either a small skinny bench for our entry or a small little entry table. Also I wanted to find an old wooden chair with or without a cushion. We went to quite a few before I finally found everything all in one place.

I need to start taking before pictures I just get to anxious to get everything painted but here is an entry way table that I found for $15. It used to be an oak type wood stained in a lighter color. It had wooden knobs on it. Anyway I primed and painted it white. Next i plan on glazing it. Dev and I already bought a wooden onlay to go in between the knobs. I will post the end result.


and finally here is the chair that I got for $5. It is primed and now I just need to decide what color to spray it.


here it is with the ugly velvet cushion that it came with. I am either going to recover the cushion or not use the cushion and put a pot with flowers that is just big enough to hang in the middle and put it on my front porch. what do you think I should do?


here are a few more projects that I have planned to do as well. I saw an idea a loooooong time ago in country home magazine similar to the pic below. these old bathroom knobs are pretty dang pricey so when I found this at an antique store for a great deal I was excited. Ok i'll admit the knobs are made of wood but it is exactly the look i wanted. Not sure what I plan on painting it yet. I would like to use it as a towel rack.So when I saw this I got excited because I have had a project similar to this that has been lingering in my mind for some time. I dont plan on keeping it red and I am going to add some more things to it I will show you when it is finished.


I got this old door from my brother in law and I have been trying to think of some ideas for it. We wanted to sand it because paint was chipping off it.

So im thinking that I have got enough projects to last me a lifetime. Dont ya think? But I love the treasurehunt its so much cheaper and funner to be creative and do it yourself.

1 comment:

  1. So many fun projects to do!! We trully are Craftaholics! :) The end tables really turned out sooo good. I ♥ the turquoise. I love how bold it is. Can't wait to see them in person.
    And I vote that you take off the cushion on the chair & stick a cute pot in it on your front porch :) That would be so fun!

    Garrett is so tall! And a string bean too. You can copy that picture from my blog :) And we all do look pretty good. We should've used that for the family pic instead of the ugly ones at Christmas time!! But we need little Dax in there too :)

    ReplyDelete