Monday, July 12, 2010

Nursery Reveal

BEFORE

AFTER


I have gotten behind in posting and decided that it was time to reveal Daxtons room. I was really happy with how it turned out. I really wanted to make it bright and cheery and wanted to stay away from the typical baby pastel colors. I decided on orange, blue, and green. I think he will love it.

This is an old window from our house before the new windows were put in. My brother and sister inlaw put the vinyl on it for me and I love it, they did a great job.

I had these stars alrady and since there are stars in his bedding I thought "how perfect" so I spray painted them orange and blue. you cant really tell in this picture but the wall is a bright green and we painted a black border around the top. Also we added alot of bead board which I am a big fan of. We also pulled up the carpet and refinished the wood floor in a dark walnut stain. Im so proud of my hubby. It was his first time and it was ALOT of work. One day I will put a rug down for my little man.
I searched and searched for bedding and maybe im just too picky but I couldnt find anything that I really liked, sooo I went to berninas in Logan and saw this fabric and instantly my brain started flowing with ideas It was exactly what I wanted. I bought a pattern and started working I did the skirt and part of the bumper finally I was a little overwhelmed with the project (since it was my first time doing a sewing project that huge). My friends mother inlaw made her the cutest baby bedding for her little girl so I sort of asked and she sort of offered to finish it for me. I dont know how I pulled that one off. she did such an amazing job. What an amazing talent she has.


So I had to show off the little bit that I did because it was still alot of work. Im still pretty proud of myself.

The hubsters did a whole wall of bead board for me. It was something that I always wanted to do. He also got this picture for me a couple years ago for christmas and finally it is hung where it was meant to be.

my sister inlaw who shares the same love woth me of all things crafty gave me these blocks and they are perfect it also goes well with the cheery bright theme. the dresser i would have loved to have bought at the D.I. or yard sale and refinished it bought but since I had just had Dax there was no way that was happening. We found this one on KSL already painted and glazed. Its very boyish to me and goes great in the nursery. We also got his hand and foot impressions at a childs touch in logan. SO CUTE!

This changing table we bought for 15.oo on KSL it was an almond color and we painted it black to match his crib.

This picture shows the color of his walls alot better. These pictures of Dax were something I had in my mind for a looong time. I knew I wanted a canvas look but canvas is soo dang over priced so I found some canvas pictures at ross for $8.00 and painted the sides black. I than mod podged the pictures on and it turned out better than expected. The mod podge also left a linen texture on the top which was perfect. if I would have bought these in regular canvas I probably would have spent close to or over $100.00.

So thats it. Little Dax is going to have so much fun in his bright cheery room.



Linking too:

Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden


9 comments:

  1. you know that i absolutely love little Dax's room! (i am a little bit jealous actually) you guys kicked butt & it turned out so good. i love Everything about it!! especially love when you find a good deal too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little boys nursery turned out so great! He is super cute and I love the idea with the canvas. I will have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it is so cute. I love the canvases (or is it canvi?) Either way, GREAT!! Oh, and the bedding is way cute. Big score for you that someone could sew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a GREAT room for your little one. Love the name, as well! It turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute! i love your canvas picture mod podge idea- so smart! :)
    meagan

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a beautiful nursery! His bedding is lovely and the floors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute nursery! I am set to deliver in 18 days myself. So, I have been in nursery mode too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like how you did the canvases!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a cute nursery! it looks great! I'd love for you to link it up!

    -Jamielyn
    http://iheartnaptime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete