We have had a hard time at our house this week. Charlie passed away, it sure is crazy how much life can change in a split second. There definately is a hole in our family now and we feel incomplete.He wasnt sick or anything like that, maybe that would have made it a little easier. We let him out Tuesday night with Annie to go to the bathroom before bed (their nightly routine). Normally we wait by the door until they are finished and ready to come in. But for some reason that night was different and we forgot to let them back in. He wandered up to main street three blocks away and got hit. Just as simple as that. Devin found out the next morning when he was greeted outside by Annie. He was very calm when he told me the news. I on the other hand was not. we try not to think about how that all happened and focus on him and what a great dog he was.
I miss coming through the door and seeing this face. Charlie with a toy in his mouth wiggling his butt back and forth because he didnt really have a tail whining because he was so excited to see us he couldn't contain himself. So funny.
probably the thing i miss most about Charlie is how much he loved to cuddle. He would try and squeeze his large boxer body in the most awkward places just to be close. Even if it meant you were hanging halfway off the couch.Charlie loved to rough house with Devin and would never give up even if devin tormented him.
Dev and Charlie were alot alike. both of them have a hiper side to them (sorry babe but its true) and they both can be entertained with toys and things that go fast. :)
We had a hard time deciding where to bury him. We wanted him to be in a place that we would be able to visit and remember him for years to come. So we buried him at my mother in-laws. We planted this tree in remembrance of him. that was a hard day.
The tree we planted blooms in the spring summer and fall...perfect! It has these pretty purple blossoms on it.
I LOVED YOU BEST
So this is where we part my friend.
And you'll run on around the bend.
Gone from sight but not from mind.
New pleasures there you'll surely find.
I will go on i'll find the strength.
Life measures quality not its length.
One long embrace before you leave.
One last look before I grieve.
There are others that much is true.
But they be they and they aren't you.
And I fair impartial or so I thought.
Will remember well all you've taught.
Your place i'll hold you will be missed.
The fur I stroked the nose I kissed.
And as you journey to your final rest
Take with you this.
I LOVED YOU BEST!
We love you Buddy and will miss you always.










I'm so sorry! That makes me sick. I know how it is to have your dog as your "first kid" as silly as it seems
ReplyDeletethis makes me cry. we love Charlie! Franky & Pearl will miss their playing buddy. he was such a sweetie & we'll always remember him.
ReplyDeletei love that poem, it's perfect.
Carlee, I'm soo soo sorry I am crying just reading your blog. I love my dog just as much and I would be heart broken if he were to leave me. He's my best bud! Even though he chews up all my shoes :( seriously!! There is some story somewhere I read about a little boy who had lost his dog and was perfectly ok and had no tears. His parents asked him how he was being so strong and the little boy said. Jesus sent us here to learn to love each other. Dogs already love their master(s) unconditionally so that's why they are taken back so quickly. They already give and love freely. .. (tear) They really are such awesome animals and I'm so sorry if i botched that story! Ha! Love you Carlos. ..Ali
ReplyDeleteOh, I'm so sorry. That makes me so sad, I never met Charlie, but he sure looks like he was a good dog.
ReplyDeleteJust thinking of Charlie....I sure loved that dog! I'm just sitting here crying...He was such a good natured dog. I miss him!
ReplyDelete